About Food Stamps Help

If you're like most Americans right now, you could really use a helping hand from your government.

But like most Americans, you may have a few issues...

Number one being, you don’t really know the different available programs that you may qualify for.

And number two, if you do know that first part, chances are you may be having issues figuring out where to go to get access to forms, applications, and how to submit your request.

Well, that’s why FoodStampsHelp.com was created. To help shed some light on available government assistance programs and how they can benefit you and your family.

Please note, we ARE NOT a government owned site.

We are a privately owned site with one goal in mind-to provide useful information to help make your search for government assistance easier!

Our team gathers information that is scattered online throughout multiple sites, and put it all together to make it easier to read and understand.

Get Started Now!

Frequently Asked Questions

Our info is 100% Free. Rather than charge you for our ebook guide, we finance our site by showing our users relevant ads and offers from our marketing partners.

No. We are not affiliated with the government in any way. We are privately owned. We put together information that’s already available online, and put it all in one place to make things easier for you.

You must apply in the state where you currently live. Because each state’s requirements are different you must contact your state agency. Some states have online applications available.

We have a team of writers, some specializing in government programs. They do research across multiple websites, then put it all together in one place to make things much easier for you.

SNAP eligibility has never been extended to undocumented non-citizens. Specific requirements for non-citizens who may be eligible have changed substantially over the years and become more complicated in certain areas. The Food and Nutrition Act of 2008 limits eligibility for SNAP benefits to U.S. citizens and certain lawfully present non-citizens.

Generally, to qualify for SNAP, non-citizens must meet one of the following criteria:

  • Have lived in the United States for at least 5 years.
  • Be receiving disability-related assistance or benefits.
  • Have children under 18.

Additionally, these individuals must also satisfy other SNAP eligibility requirements such as income and resource limits in order to qualify for benefits.

Currently, households may have $2,250 in countable resources (such as cash or money in a bank account) or $3,500 in countable resources if at least one member of the household is age 60 or older, or is disabled. These amounts are updated annually.

However, certain resources are NOT counted when determining eligibility for SNAP:

  • A home and lot;
  • Resources of people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI);
  • Resources of people who receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF; also known as welfare); and
  • Most retirement and pension plans (withdrawals from these accounts may count as either income or resources depending on how often they occur).

If you can't afford to pay your home heating or cooling bill, you may be able to get help from the government or your local social services agency or nonprofit.

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) may be able to help with:

  • Assistance to pay your heating or cooling bills
  • Emergency services in cases of energy crisis, such as utility shutoffs
  • Low-cost home improvements, known as weatherization, that make your home more energy efficient and lower your utility bills.

LIHEAP funds may not be used to pay water and sewer bills.

The Lifeline program from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) helps low-income individuals and families get discounted landline or cell (wireless) phone service. You may also qualify to receive a free phone. The program is run by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC).

Please contact your SNAP state agency directly to apply and to request information about the status of your application. FNS does not process applications or have access to case information.

To see a list of other government benefits and resources please visit https://www.usa.gov/benefits


Get The Info You Need About Food Stamps & Government Aid, In Our FREE Guide.

Food stamps are available via discrete electronic benefits transfer card(EBT). Many other government aid programs are available in discrete forms of payment. Find out more with our free guide.

Claim Your Free Guide Now

Our Information is Absolutely Free of Charge.

During times like these, it’s all about coming together as one. You deserve access to information that will improve the life of you and your loved ones. And we believe you shouldn't have to pay to access that information.

But let's be honest...running a website does cost money.

To finance our site, we show our users relevant ads and offers from our marketing partners.

We really hope you find our guide useful on your journey to getting help through government assistance.

Get Started Now!

Internet Explorer Out To Date

Please update your Internet Explorer browser with a newer version (Internet Explorer 10 above) now!

You can download it here....

Safari Out To Date

Please update your Safari browser with a newer version (Safari 6 above) now!

You can download it here....